Market Research Internship – Environics Research
Environics Research is always on the look out for driven and enthusiastic candidates who want to start their career in market research.
Environics delivers evidence-based solutions to clients working in a range of sectors and industries including health care, tourism, consumer lifestyle, financial services and public policy. Our team is drawn from many disciplines—from business and marketing to sociology and urban affairs. This mix makes Environics a creative and intellectually vibrant research consultancy, where methodological rigour and unrivaled analytical capabilities come together. Our experience, our people, and our sophisticated tool kit help our clients get answers to their most important questions. As a company, we value and invest in developing our people, and embrace a flexible, inclusive, and autonomous work culture.
About the Team
Environics Research is looking for market research interns to join our high-performance teams this summer. Rooted in our keen perception and tool kit for understanding human behaviours and motivations, our group approaches every issue with unshakeable curiosity and creativity to deliver strategic, research-based counsel that helps clients target and engage meaningfully with their customers or audiences. As consultants and problem-solvers, we synthesize a range of data from disparate sources to draw out critical conclusions.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a nimble workforce with lots of room to learn, but also a place to bring ideas and have them heard. Our team is dynamic, and the work is fast paced (but fun), with many opportunities to experiment and hone valuable skills along the way.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and curious market research intern to join our Environics family and provide creative ideas to help achieve our various goals.
Environics Research operates with an entrepreneurial spirit, within a collaborative, flexible and dynamic work environment. Within the role, you will contribute to our team across all aspects of the project lifecycle, including proposal/pitch, research design, project management, interpretation and analysis, reporting, presentations, and client consultation. This position provides the opportunity to work with consultants and clients and offers plenty of room for skills development and career advancement.
No intern is expected to excel at all of the tasks below. But we hope this gives you an idea of some of the day-to-day activities you will experience as an intern at Environics.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Collaborate on the execution of data collection activities so that projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Collaborate with client services teams to implement best practices for data collection and management to ensure research is delivered to evolving industry standards
- Perform customized analyses to address a wide array of business challenges presented by clients in both the public and private sector
- Utilize a range of business software (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel) to produce and manage relevant research documents (e.g. questionnaires, tab plans, presentation reports, etc.)
- Communicate in a professional capacity with stakeholders, clients, and vendors using strong written, oral and presentation skills
- Collaborate on intermediate statistical analyses in SPSS, R, etc. (e.g. frequencies, crosstabs, apply weights, etc.)
- Undertake thorough competitive analysis and research to support Environics Research and our clients
- Present any ideas you may have for additional methods for Environics to grow and improve its business development/marketing support activities, inspiring future campaigns
- A strong desire to learn
- An eagerness to take initiate
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Passion for what you do and a drive to succeed
- Current enrollment in a related BS, B.Comm, RAP (Research Analyst Program) or Master’s degree in business, marketing, or social sciences
- Foundational training in market research methods, business intelligence, data analytics, etc. from a Research Analyst Program or similar
- A desire to work with a range of research inquiry, discovery, qualitative and quantitative methods
- An ability to effectively work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- An attention to detail, organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple clients and/or projects at once
- Analytical and data synthesis abilities, with basic knowledge of designing research to interpretation and presentation
- Strong communication, data visualization, story-telling skills, and the ability to comfortably present to a range of audiences
Internship Learning Outcomes
During the 3 months you will…
- Be exposed to a range of client problems that demand out-of-the box thinking and creative problem solving.
- Work hands on with data used by a range of organizations and brands to determine marketing and business strategies based on human–driven insights.
- Experience life at a forward-thinking research agency that thrives on a culture of curiosity, collaboration, and entrepreneurship.
- Solve a difficult problem that you never imagined you would encounter. And enjoy every minute of it.
All applications will be held in the strictest confidence. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
366 Adelaide Street West
Suite 101, Toronto, ON
Canada M5V 1R9
416 920 9010
116 Albert St
Suite 300, Ottawa, ON
Canada K1P 5G3
613 230 5089
421 7th Ave SW
Suite 3000, Calgary, AB
Canada T2P 4K9
403 613 5735