Environics Research Is Seeking A Research Associate To Join Our Toronto Mobility Services Team
Position Title: Research Associate
Full-Time Contract: 35 hours per week for one year
Department: Mobility Services
Reports to: Director, Mobility Services
Start Date: Late August or early September 2021
We’re currently looking for an ambitious, detail-oriented critical thinker to join our Mobility Services team for at least one year, covering a maternity leave.
This position is in our Toronto office, with remote working available for at least 2-3 days per week. The research associate will work closely with analysts on the Mobility Services team, which specializes in transportation, automotive and urban mobility-related research. The successful candidate will assist in the production of regular research deliverables for leading Canadian mobility sector clients (including major automotive companies, public transit agencies, etc.). The potential to work with non-mobility clients from other business sectors is also likely.
Familiarity with manual data coding and content/discourse analysis is a strong asset, especially in terms of sentiment analysis. French language reading skills are an asset, but not required.
The successful candidate may be considered for a permanent, full-time position upon successful completion of the maternity leave position.
About Environics Reserach
Environics delivers evidence-based solutions to clients working in a range of sectors and industries. Our team is drawn from a number of disciplines – from business and marketing, to sociology and cultural studies. This mix makes Environics a creative and intellectually vibrant research and consulting firm, where methodological rigour and unrivaled analytical capabilities come together. Our experience, our people and our sophisticated tool kit help our clients get answers to their most important questions.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- A foundational understanding of the core principals of quantitative and qualitative market research, including an understanding of how the market research industry is evolving to meet new challenges.
- A functional understanding of how online interaction spaces (YouTube, Reddit, chat forums, ) and major social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) are used for marketing, consumer outreach and brand reputation management.
- Familiarity with online analytics tools for website and social media performance (Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, etc.), or third-party tools that provide equivalent functionality (Sprout Social, Hootsuite, etc.).
- Knowledge of social listening best practices (including familiarity with tools such as Khoros, Sprinklr, Meltwater, Synthesio, etc.) and experience with traditional media monitoring is an asset.
- The ability to organize, analyze and synthesize data using software resources like Excel, SPSS or R.
- Excellent ability to interpret and classify data into defined categories.
- Sound analytical skills and judgement, with the ability to find meaning and patterns in data, as well as the ability to stay focused during repetitive analysis.
- The ability to adapt and adjust to “on-the-fly” requests should they arise. Must be comfortable with the structured or planned work week being interrupted by unexpected requests that demand the reorganization of schedules.
- The ability to work independently while also exhibiting exceptional time management skills.
- An appetite to work in a fast-paced environment that will challenge you to deliver your best work, but also one that you’ll find personally and intellectually rewarding.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- French language proficiency would be considered a significant asset.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, English, Communications or related discipline; or research analyst certification from an accredited college.
- Candidates with previous employment experience as an analyst, research associate or general researcher are encouraged. Recent graduates are also welcome to apply, but may be expected to be able to draw upon past work, volunteer or internship experience to make meaningful contributions to client work.
Within 3 months you will …
- Be exposed to a range of client problems that demand out-of-the box thinking and creative problem-solving.
- Work hands-on with data used by major Canadian businesses to determine strategies based on data-driven insights.
- Experience life at a forward-thinking research agency that thrives on a culture of curiosity and entrepreneurship.
Please contact the Mobility Services Team to apply.
All applications will be held in the strictest confidence. Only those selected for in-person interviews will be contacted.
Suite 101, Toronto, ON
Canada M5V 1R9
416 920 9010
116 Albert St
Suite 300, Ottawa, ON
Canada K1P 5G3
613 230 5089
421 7th Ave SW
Suite 3000, Calgary, AB
Canada T2P 4K9
403 613 5735