Marketing Research Associate – Market Strategy
Environics delivers evidence-based solutions to clients working in a range of sectors and industries. Our team is drawn from a number of disciplines—from business and marketing to sociology and urban affairs. This mix makes Environics a creative and intellectually vibrant research consultancy, where methodological rigour and unrivaled analytical capabilities come together. Our experience, our people, and our sophisticated tool kit help our clients get answers to their most important questions. As a company, we value and invest in developing our people, and embrace a flexible and autonomous work culture.
Hear from our current team members why they choose to invest and develop their careers at Environics: https://environics.ca/about-us/join-our-team/
About the Team – Market Strategy
The Market Strategy team at Environics Research in Toronto is looking for someone to join our team. Market Strategy is a consumer lifestyle focused practice offering strategic insight and direction to clients across a range of industries, including consumer goods and services, technology/ecommerce, travel and tourism, real estate, arts, culture and media. Rooted in our keen perception and tool kit for understanding human behaviours and motivations, our group approaches every issue with unshakeable curiosity and creativity to deliver strategic, research-based counsel that helps clients target and engage meaningfully with their customers or audiences. As consultants and problem-solvers, we synthesize a range of data from disparate sources to draw out the critical conclusions. From branding, product/service development, and communications to customer experience, market context, and target market profiling, we help our clients make smart decisions by acting on the evidence.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Market Strategy, the ideal candidate will likely come from a professional background that includes at least two to three years of experience applying a blend of research methods and techniques to arrive at high-value solutions that address the business and marketing challenges faced by brands in our client sectors.
The Market Strategy team operates with an entrepreneurial spirit, within a collaborative, flexible and dynamic work environment. Within the role, you will contribute to our team across all aspects of the project lifecycle, including proposal/pitch, research design, project management, interpretation and analysis, reporting, presentations, and client consultation. This position provides the opportunity to work with consultants and clients and offers plenty of room for skills development and career advancement.
- A post-secondary degree, preferably in business, marketing, or social sciences
- Foundational training in market research methods, business intelligence, data analytics, etc. from a Research Analyst Program or similar
- Experience working with a range of research inquiry, discovery, qualitative and quantitative methods
- A proven ability to effectively work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- A strong attention to detail, organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple clients and/or projects at once
- Demonstrated analytical and data synthesis abilities, from designing research all the way to interpretation and presentation
- Strong communication, data visualization, story-telling skills, and the ability to comfortably present to a range of audiences
- Demonstrated client-service and relationship-building skills
Within 6 months you will…
- Be exposed to a range of client problems that demand out-of-the box thinking and creative problem solving.
- Work hands on with data used by a range of organizations and brands to determine marketing and business strategies based on human–driven insights.
- Experience life at a forward-thinking research agency that thrives on a culture of curiosity, collaboration, and entrepreneurship.
- Solve a difficult problem that you never imagined you would encounter. And enjoy every minute of it.
Please contact Susan Seto (firstname.lastname@example.org) to apply.
All applications will be held in the strictest confidence. Only those selected for in-person interviews will be contacted.
33 Bloor Street East
Suite 900, Toronto, ON
Canada M4W 3H1
416 920 9010
116 Albert St
Suite 300, Ottawa, ON
Canada K1P 5G3
613 230 5089
421 7th Ave SW
Suite 3000, Calgary, AB
Canada T2P 4K9
403 613 5735