Building Meaningful Brands:
A Guide for Canadian Brand Marketers
We partnered with Amazon Advertising for a new study that highlights the increasing importance of customer trust for brands as Canadians begin to readapt to their normal lives.
The Social Values – Building Meaningful Brands study combined data from an Amazon Advertising survey of over 800 Canadians with the annual Environics Research Social Values survey of more than 5,000 Canadians. The results, which are highlighted in this report, suggest that – while purchase decisions and customer loyalty will be increasingly driven by shared values – Canadians will hold brands more accountable for their ability to impact the greater good. Customers are also increasingly demanding curated experiences that reflect their unique relationship with a brand; and are prepared to make a switch if their individual needs aren’t met.
Fill out our brief form to view the full report.
Download the full report to learn more about the four core themes that are shaping customer needs:
- Customers will increasingly align themselves with brands with purpose.
- Customers want to make purchase decisions with confidence.
- Customers prefer experiences that are curated for them.
- Customers want to be delighted with convenient solutions.
Other key takeaways include:
- 82% of Canadians say they’re more likely to purchase products or services from brands whose values align with their own.
- 66% of Canadians are more likely to purchase an item from a brand that’s willing to take a stand on social issues; but 72% don’t trust businesses that make public statements about an issue.
- Peer reviews are considered more trustworthy than social influencers. When buying a skin care product, consumers are seven times more likely to say purchaser reviews are more trustworthy than recommendations from a social media influencer.
Find out how can we help your organization
Suite 101, Toronto, ON
Canada M5V 1R9
416 920 9010
116 Albert St
Suite 300, Ottawa, ON
Canada K1P 5G3
613 230 5089
421 7th Ave SW
Suite 3000, Calgary, AB
Canada T2P 4K9
403 613 5735