Survey Reveals That A Majority Of Vancouver Residents Want Ridesharing Services To Operate In BC As Soon As Possible
Ridesharing Now for BC recently commissioned Environics Research to conduct a survey of Vancouver residents regarding their attitudes, opinions and perceptions about issues related to ridesharing and potential regulations.
Key findings of our survey results included:
- Six in ten residents want Uber and Lyft to operate in BC as soon as possible, while a further two in ten want them to operate by the end of the year.
- Support for ridesharing in BC is strong among supporters of all political parties.
- Residents’ top priorities for ridesharing include drivers meeting regulated safety standards, knowing prices up front and affordability.
- Fewer than four in ten residents are concerned that ridesharing services would make congestion worse.
- Almost all residents say that ridesharing services will make it easier to get a ride, make it safer to leave bars and restaurants late at night, and that it will be easier to get around without owning a vehicle.
Find out how Environics can help your organization
366 Adelaide Street West
Suite 101, Toronto, ON
Canada M5V 1R9
416 920 9010
116 Albert St
Suite 300, Ottawa, ON
Canada K1P 5G3
613 230 5089
421 7th Ave SW
Suite 3000, Calgary, AB
Canada T2P 4K9
403 613 5735